Sustainable Energy Services Company (SESCOM) Limited is a company with the intention of promoting efficient production and use of electricity from renewable energy sources. The SESCOM’s business interventions range from standalone solar PV systems, mini grids and grid connected electricity production, transmission and distribution.
The Company does so by using its staff, a broad network of contractors, consultancies, offering competitive services.The SESCOM Company has experience of undertaking renewable energy business activities in off-grid areas of Tanzania. SESCOM is responsive and a champion of sustainable electrification that is responsive to adapt to the context in which we operate.
Our projects attempt to use less fertile/unused/remotely located and reasonably priced locations with highest potential. Our portfolio of projects are ranging from standalone solar PV, mini grids to utility megawatt scale, setting up private solar parks to roof top solar systems.
SESCOM is a responsible, a new age power solution Company which takes pride in generation and distribution of electricity, from green and environment friendly generation sources, thereby reducing dependency on greenhouse gas emitting power sources. SESCOM is also a transformative company and believes in social transformation through empowerment.
SESCOM not only attempts to electrify but also empower the local populace by creating training, providing efficient productive appliances and employment opportunities, for the people in the local ecosystem of the projects/power plants, we work on. SESCOM has successfully undertaken the installation of, solar PV home and institutional systems, solar mobile phone multi-charging stations and solar drying in Tanzania as well as designing and construction of mini grids for distribution of electricity in off grid areas.
The company has recorded installation of more than 200 solar PV systems in rural social services centers (Health centers and schools), successfully installed a number of mini grids, conducted a number of feasibility studies. The company is presently finalizing connecting rural households, enterprises and community centers of Kibindu village, Chalinze District (Tanzania) from 40 kW combined hybrid System ( Maize cobs Gasification and Solar) through a mini-grid to connect more than 150 houses which include SMEs and institutions, households and the production and commercialization of green charcoal using byproduct of the gasification process.
The project has installed and constructed a mini grid to distribute electricity to households, business centers and social centers at a cost that is cheaper than their current expense from utilizing fossil fuel. The project will stimulate development of small micro-enterprises which will utilize generated electricity for productive uses.
The company has also partnered with Mufindi Power Services Company to develop a electricity distribution grid System for more than 200 villages including connections to different electricity users under REA III rural electrification programme
SELECTED KEY ACTIVITIES
- Market development of green electricity production and distribution from mini grids and grid connected for productive uses and consumptive requirements
- Consultancy for electricity production projects at different stages i.e. Planning, Designing, sizing, installation of decentralized energy systems, mini-grids and grid i.e. solar PV, solar water heaters and now developing solar park power plant capacity in collaboration with different partners.
- Small and Micro enterprises capacity mobilization and building on Business and entrepreneurship for efficient and productive use of electricity
- Establishment of different energy microenterprises linking electricity production and need for water requirements for irrigation and drinking,
- Marketing and Construction of efficient solar dryers for food processing, solar water heating for meeting, hot water needs in urban areas.
More information SESCOM Group Ltd