1. Promote the use of sustainable energy for productive uses (industrial, agriculture and basic infrastructure), consumptive uses (households and communities) and institutional uses (education, health, water etc.).
2. Implement sustainable energy programmes and projects at the local levels.
3. Provide energy related consultancy services.
4. Develop networking and partnership with local and international organizations.
5. Manage and disseminate energy information to stakeholders.
6. Conduct lobbying and advocacy to influence energy related policies, legislations and strategies
7. Support sustainable energy enterprises.
8. Conduct energy related applied researches.