TaTEDO is organized and governed by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is the governance, policy and strategy organ of TaTEDO and brings a vast range of knowledge and experience in governing. It serves as an advocate for the objectives of TaTEDO and has final responsibility for all decisions relating to the TaTEDO's structure, governance, strategic aims and financial management, including the management work plan and budget. The Board is composed of not less than nine (9) members to be elected by the General Meeting. The Board member’s tenure is three (3) years which may be renewed for two(2) more terms to make a total of nine (9) years. The Board meets at least after three months (quarterly) within a financial year and the quorum must be of not less than half (1/2) of all members
Without prejudice to the powers delegated to it, the Board, directly or through its Committees, has exclusive powers regarding a number of matters, including:
- Review and approve reports prepared by office bearers for submission to theGeneral Meeting,
- Co-ordinate activities of various organs and committees that may be established bythe board,
- Ensure financial sustainability of the organization by mobilizing fund while ensuringtheir rational utilization as per the rules and regulations,
- Consider and approve the organization's budget prepared by office bearers beforepresentation to the General Meeting,
- Maintain Community and Government relations,
- Ensure that high quality services are provided and mechanisms for addressingshortcomings are established,
- Prepare the agenda and minutes of all general meetings,
- Establish different committees as they may deem necessary.
Board members execute their functions through four committees. These are:
- Management and Governance Committee: The committee is responsible for managerial issues.
- Technical Committee: The committee is responsible with infrastructural and other technical issues in the organisation.
- Financial Sustainability Committee: The committee deals with fundraising and resource mobilization and its well management.
- Enterprise and Investment Committee: The committee is responsible with entrepreneurship and market development issues in the organisation. All related enterprise services are responsibilities of the committee.